For no matter how many promises God has made, they are “Yes” in Christ. And so through him the “Amen” is spoken by us to the glory of God. 2 Corinthians 1:20
I’m sitting here thinking about you whose hearts are yearning for something intensely. You who feel sorrow or fear or feel inadequate . . . or maybe like you totally messed up something big.
You might be holding your hands out, cupped, crying, “Pour in Lord! Pour in!”
You might be seeking a miracle:
- Healing for your friend or freedom to let go to God. Psalm 41:3; Psalm 34:18
- A miracle with your job or your finances. Zechariah 9:12
- The return of a prodigal child. Joel 2:25
You might be struggling with deep regret for time lost, for opportunities missed, for steps not taken . . .
And I want to tell you something important. If you are in a relationship with Jesus, there IS a promise for you. A promise to pray and a place of peace in the waiting for “it.” Isaiah 40:31
Look at what Romans 8:32 says:
He [God Almighty] who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?
You need SOMETHING?
He has promised to give you ALL THINGS!
You need provision?
- He’s your Father. Matthew 6:9
- He will provide. Genesis 50:21; Psalm 34:10
You need your adult children to turn to Jesus in faith and be saved from their lives of sin?
- They are holy through your faith. Sanctified [set apart FOR God] 1 Corinthians 7:14
- The promise is for you and your household. Acts 16:31
- Psalm 38:15
- Psalm 37:23NLT
- James 1:5
- Psalm 111:10
I think you get the idea . . . Whatever you need is yours in Him.
Search out His word for your need and then hold fast to it as you pray for what you need.
Our God is faithful and He will do it!
And just to seal in your encouragement, a little sweetness for your ears and heart: