It’s really the middle of 2013(?!?) Back in the beginning I posted about my one word for 2013. “Apprehend” and what it meant to me. “To take hold of (apprehend) God’s plan for me.” (take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me-from Phil 3)
God has inserted Ephesians 2:10 into my life, which seems to parallel taking hold of, perhaps discovering just what ‘that’ is. It says, “We are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
There are specific pursuits God has for His people. The two main goals that I see are:
- To conform us into the image of His son. He refines us as we walk with Him here.
- To be Kingdom-builders. When we join His family, we become ambassadors of Heaven while we walk the earth.
My life has been much like being on a ship which was sailing rapidly toward it’s charted destination when suddenly the wind died down and I’m drifting. Still moving, but ever-so-slowly. (Or so it seems.)
I am not naturally ‘wordy’ unless I am in conversation. Sometimes I sit by the computer and words come so slowly. Sometimes not at all. Until this past year, I had been more apprehensive of speaking and writing, but the call has only increased in intensity with more requests and opportunities coming in, so I am pressing forward to apprehend greater skill, clarity and of course courage to walk it out.
Steps I’ve taken toward the goal:
- I’ve begun to submit articles to magazines.
- I joined Toastmasters for speaking practice last fall.
- I write for MOPS newsletters and have published devotions at JournEzine.
- I am registered for She Speaks in July on the speaker track.
- In October, I will be attending the blogging conference, Allume.
- I am joining several bloggers for projects via their requests. (so excited about this!)
Since I’ve been learning about writing, I’ve noticed that oftentimes when I am just reading for pleasure, I find myself studying the writing and then I have to re-read because I was looking at the ‘how to’ and not the content. It reminds me of when our three year old was riding his trike one day, he was so mesmerized watching the wheel go around that he ran smack-into the wall of the garage!
Have you ever watched words instead of reading them? . . .
What goals are you pursuing? What steps are you taking to get there?
I am joining Alece @My One Word 365 Mid-Year-Check-In – Hop on over for other words. 🙂